Who We Are
The ASA was established in 2006 as a non-profit representing Stabyhoun owners and breeders in the United States and Canada. Stabyhoun owners and breeders in the United States and Canada. Our organization is a wholly-recognized partner of the Dutch Stabij and Wetterhoun Association having a mutual interest in maintaining the highest breeding standards of the pure bred Stabyhoun.
Our goal is to protect and advance the current standard of the breed as approved by the Dutch Stabyhoun Association and adopted by the FCI (Federation Cynologique Internationale) as the only standard of excellence by which the Stabyhoun shall be judged. The club will do all possible to safeguard and improve the health of the Stabyhoun.
What We Do
We assist our members with placement, training, and breeding questions. We also conduct sanctioned matches and national specialty shows with our members to maintain the Dutch Standard. Organized gatherings for fun times with other regional Stabys and owners are held as well as online education and discussion.
Our Stud Dogs
Below you will find information about our studs.
Click on the picture of each dog to see more detail about each one! They are in alphabetical order by their formal name.
- ABEL SKYLAR WINDMOLEN en TULPEN (SOLO)Registered Name: Abel Skylar Windmolen en Tulpen Registry and number: FCPR P19.020 AKC SS07394001 Call name: Solo 4 words to describe this stud: Happy, Intelligent, Gentle, Loving Events participated in: Camping, Hiking, Playing Ball, Pleasing his family. He has received Canine Good Citizen and Farm Dog certifications
- ALEXANDER MONTY OF FRYSKE POINT (PROVO)Registered Name: Alexander Monty of Fryske Point Registry and number: FCPR P13.1075 Call name: Provo 4 words to describe this stud: Playful, Gentle, Friendly, Alert Events participated in: Hunting, Field Work
- ALPINE ABBEY’S LEVI ULLR (EKKO)Registered Name: Alpine Abbey’s Levi Ullr Registry and number: FCPR P13.2035 Call name: Ekko 4 words to describe this stud: Trustworthy, gentle, athletic, loyal
- BLISSFUL’S LENZ (LENZ)Registered Name: Blissful’s Lenz Registry and number: AKC SS27898107 FCPR# P21.058 Call name: Lenz 4 words that describe this stud: Energetic,Loyal, Loving, Intelligent Events participated in: Obedience
- FINNLEY KISSES FÉLIX ARTHUR (FÉLIX)Registered Name: Finnley Kisses Felix Arthur Registry and number: FCPR P18.1286 Call name: Félix 4 words to describe this stud: loving, energenic, intelligent, alert Events participated in: ASA Specialty, Obedience, Conformation, Scentwork, Agility, family life and travel, swimming, boating, retrieving, off roading, bike trailer rides and much more!
- FITZWILLIAM (DAX)Registered Name: Fitzwilliam (Dax) Registry and number: FCPR P19.1688 AKC SS 14766204 Call name: Dax 4 words to describe this stud: Exuberant, Gentle, Cuddly, Friendly
- HAUK KAAY (HAUK)Registered Name: Hauk Kaay Registry and number: FCPR P18.2245 Call name: Hauk 4 words that describe this stud: Loving, Loyal, Gentle, Curious Events participated in: Swimming, Exploring, Family Fun
- MOUNTAIN VIEW’S NEBO (YODA)Registered Name: Mountain View’s Nebo Registry and number: FCPR P14.801 AKC SR 82079204 Call name: Yoda 4 words to describe this stud: Loving, Handsome, Playful, Observant Events participated in: Loves kids, walks, retrieving, car and boat rides, anything social!
- OLIN OF MAGIC ROCK FARM STABYHOUNS (SHADOW)Registered Name:Olin of Magic Rock Farm Stabyhouns Registry and number:FCPR P17.1154 AKC SS01577908 Call name: Shadow 4 words to describe this stud: Intelligent, affectionate, gentle, athletic Events participated in: hiking, swimming, Agility, Obedience
- RAISIN EDISON (EDDIE)Registered Name:Raisin Edison Registry and number:FCPR P13.599 Call name: Eddie
- RIVERSONG BAM STRANDEN BERGEN (BAMBAM)Registered Name:Riversong Bam Stranden Bergen Registry and number:FCPR P16.1056 AKC SS05096901 Call name: BamBam 4 words to describe this stud:Very energetic, social, happy, smart Events participated in: Puppy Star and CGC certificate, Lure coursing, Bird hunting
- RIVERSONG SKYLER FINN (SKYLER)Registered Name:Riversong Skyler Finn Registry and number:FCPR P16.1055 AKC SR95860801 Call name: Skyler 4 words to describe this stud: Hunter, Lover, Friendly, Attentive Events participated in: Bird hunting; FIRST TITLED JUNIOR HUNTER in AKC!!!
- SIMCOE STABYS LONE RANGER (RANGER)Registered Name:Simcoe Stabys Lone Ranger Registry and number:FCPR P16.1757 AKC SS12913401 Call name: Ranger 4 words to describe this stud:Playful, Events participated in:AKC Canine Good Citizen, Obedience training, Dock diving, agility, and tracking
- SJARME LUTTE FAN DE WILDE MAR (LLEWY)Registered Name: Sjarme Lutte Fan de Wilde Mar Registry and number: AKC SS26193403 Call name: Llewy 4 words that describe this stud: affectionate, laid-back, insistent, and inquisitive Events participated in: Obedience, agility, family fun
- STAR REIN (FINN)Registered Name:Star Rein Registry and number:FCPR P19.279 AKC SS10639406 Call name: Finn 4 words that describe this stud: Enthusiastic, Brilliant, Goofy, Loving Events Participated In: Conformation, CGC, Farm Dog, Dog Parkour, Trick Dog, Scent Work, Barn Hunt, Agility, truffle hunting, hiking, swimming, snuggling
- STERRE OF FRYSKE POINT (RIPPLE)Registered Name: Sterre of Fryske Point Registry and number: FCPR P15.2556, NHSB 3013657 Call name: Ripple 4 words that describe this stud: Loving, Active, Smart, Alert Events participated in: Obedience, agility, swimming
- THEODORUS (LLEWYN)Registered Name: Theodorus Registry and number: NHSB 3008122 Call name: Llewyn 4 words that describe this stud: Relaxed, best friend, confident, and cute
- TRILLIUM POINT’S BLAZING STAR (STAR)Registered Name: Trillium Point’s Blazing Star Registry and number: FCPR P14.1573 Call name: Star 4 words that describe this stud: Loving, Funny, Calm, Alert Events participated in: Obedience, agility, family fun
- TRILLIUM POINT’S LARKSPUR (LARKS)Registered Name: Trilliam Point’s Larkspur Registry and number: FCPR P14.1570 Call name: Larks 4 words to describe this stud: Gentle, Smart, Friendly, Loving Events participated in: Rally and Golden training!
Why You Should Become A Member
As a member of the ASA, not only are you joining a rare, select group of individuals who are devoted to promoting the Stabyhoun breed, but you also have exclusive access to registration of your dog or their litter, ability to breed, and invitation to group meetings.
Membership is a very reasonable $35/year.
Not A Member? Join Today!
To apply for membership, please fill in ASA Membership Application Form
Need To Renew Your Membership?
To renew your membership, please fill in the Renewal form.
Did you know you can help the ASA save money when paying via Paypal by paying directly from your bank account or by selecting “sending money to friends and family”, i.e treasurer “at” stabyhouns.org? Alternatively, you can send money using Zelle to email@example.com
Interested in Staby Breeding?
Thank you for participating in this adventure with the ASA! If you are looking to get involved, follow below to see with the wonderful world of becoming a breeding candidate, timing a successful mating, whelping a litter, raising your litter, socialization prior to 8 weeks, and finally, getting new families ready to start the process with their own pups!
Firstly, you can see an overview of our Breeding Regulations and Code Of Ethics here
Step By Step Guide
A comprehensive guide and checklist to see if you are eligible to breed your Staby and how to best maneuver the monumental process. Click here to view our guide.
Your next stage if breeding a female is finding that great pair! A list of all our great male studs and their information can be found here.
Looking to get your pup registered?
Learn more about registering your Stabys or their litters here.
Members On The Map
Find out which Stabys are close to you here.
Member Forms and Downloads
Here you will find quick links to all important info and forms, as well as past newsletters and annual meetings.
Update your profile information here